The house is over a hundred years old and has been recently completely refurbished. Whilst we aim to meet the needs of all our guests there are some features of the house which might make access difficult for people with limited mobility. However, one of the guest bedrooms is located on the ground floor with step-free access from the car parking area.
We are located within a 15 minute walk to Barmouth town centre and the sea front and sandy beach. Two championship golf courses including Royal St Davids and Aberdyfi are both close by and the attractions of the renowned Snowdonia National Park are at our doorstep.
We look forward to welcoming you. If you have any queries or require any assistance please phone 01341 281632 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
We are located one mile from the town of Barmouth on the A496.
For full details and maps of how to reach us please see the Location & Contact section of our website. Alternatively, you can plan your journey by car or public transport using www.transportdirect.info. Simply enter your post code and ours, which is LL42 1TE to get directions
- The nearest shops are approximately 1 mile away.
- The nearest bus stops (No 3 of Traws Cymru) are half a mile from the property. Just ask for the Porkington Terrace stop. There is no shelter or seating. Buses run approximately every 30 minutes to the town of Dolgellau. The bus service stops prior to midnight.
- Barmouth railway station is approximately 1500 meters away, connecting with Shrewsbury railway station.
- Taxis are usually available at the station but we can book one for you in advance if required.
- Manchester airport is 2 hours away by car. Jet 2.com operates from Manchester airport alongside other airlines.
- We regret that we are unable to accommodate guests’ pets internally but do of course welcome assistance dogs. We can accommodate guests dogs outside the main building in a sheltered stable about 30m away
Car Parking and Arrival
- Off street parking is available for guests throughout their stay in a secure parking area behind locked electric gates at night.
- Access to our property is gained from the looose paving parking area via flagstones to our entrance door about 10m away
- This is well lit at night at floor level
- There is no entry step at the front door which is 915mm (36ins) wide. This gives access to the vestibule area where there are no further steps into the hallway and the reception area.
- Guests are welcomed in the hallway, which is level throughout, where they are asked to register.
- Seating is available with 2 chairs
- The area is well lit with overhead lighting
- There is a very small pond around the feature rock in the entrance hall with no edge barrier
- Assistance can be given with luggage.
- Five of our guest rooms are accessed by means of stairs with seventeen 200mm (8ins) steps. There is a glass balustrade on one side which can be gripped, but those insecure at heights may wish to express a preference for the ground floor guest room
- The sixth bedroom is on the ground floor and has step-free access from the car park and a fully DDA-adapted bathroom
- Our beds are made up with duvets. Our standard pillows are hypo-allergenic.
- There is seating, bedside tables, bedside lamps, a wardrobe in each room.
- Flat screen FreeSat digital TV/DVD with subtitles available.
- The beds are 710mm (28ins) high, with access from both sides. Elephant feet can be supplied to increase the access height upon request
- The bathrooms have a toilet 395mm (15.5ins) in height.
- All bedrooms are equipped with audible and visual smoke sensors and alarms
Public Areas - Halls, Stairs, Landings, Corridors
- All public areas, hall, stairs, and landings are well lit using a combination of ceiling and table-lamps.
- The hallway is stone flagstones
- There are no steps to the guest social rooms or the down stairs toilet which lead off from the hallway.
- There is a continuing flight of seventeen (17) 200mm (8ins) stepped stairs to the guest bedrooms.
- The house is fully centrally heated throughout but temperatures can be adjusted in each room to suit individual requirements.
- There are automatic visual and audible smoke sensors and alarms in the main and upper halls.
- There is a small unisex downstairs toilet, which is available to guests during the day/evening.
- The toilet is located off the hallway and is accessed via a 700mm (27.5ins) wide door and is step free/level entry.
- Toilet 380mm (15ins) high.
- The breakfast/dining room is situated off the hallway on the ground floor and the entrance is 700mm (30ins) wide and step free/level entry.
- Stone flagstone and oak floor surfaces
- Large windows allowing plenty of natural light supplemented by adjustable overhead lights.
- There is a wood burning stove fire to supplement the central heating if required.
- There is seating for 10 people in the Snug, and 12 in the Dining/Breakfast room at individual tables seating 2-4 or put together for larger groups
- There is a co-coordinating cherry sideboard and buffet table where guests can help themselves to cereal, fruits, yoghurts, juices and preserves. Assistance can be provided on request.
- For guests we have an extensive woodland garden, with a number of garden benches,
- The pathways can be very slippery in wet weather and we advise great care and suitable non-slip footwear if venturing outside
- The property is entirely non-smoking, including the outside areas due to fire risks in the woodland and stables. .
- There are ‘In Case of Fire’ instructions posted on the back of the guest room doors
- We have storage/drying facilities for golfers, cyclists, and walker’s equipment.
- Free Broadband and Wi-Fi facilities are also available
- We are happy to cater for special diets or particular likes or dislikes. Please advise us before your arrival.
- We can refrigerate prescription medication and additionally store any perishable food in our fridge for a limited period.
- Mobile phone reception on Vodafone networks is generally good but not on O2
- Address (Inc postcode): Coes Faen Lodge Abermaw Gwynedd LL42 1TE
- Telephone:01341 281632
- Hours Of Operation: Flexible within reason
- Local Carers: N/A
- Local Accessible Taxi: AD's Cabs 07785 282938 or 07929 120288
- Local Public Transport: Arriva Trains Wales Traveline Cymru www.traveline.info